Friday, November 17, 2006

Help give South Mississippi's children a Merry Christmas!

As many of my customers know, I live here in Gulfport, MS.
Last year was a very devastating year for the south due to the hurricanes and all of the lives lost. People are still struggling to piece together their lives here. Rebuilding our communities is top priority and will be for many more years to come.
South Mississippi was almost destroyed, homes were left to rubble, buildings moved hundreds of feet, lives were lost and life itself has been halted.
It remains very gray here and there is an obvious sadness in the air. This used to be filled with happy people, green earth and beautiful sandy beaches filled with bright lights and gorgeous Annabellum homes. That is no more.
Everyday, I see the aftermath. I see the struggles and I see what it has done to our beautiful state.
There are still families whose homes are now FEMA trailers or tents. Some don't have running water, food or beds. Every night I watch how the communities are coming together to provide food for the homeless and shelter for the cold. What about the children? They are living this too. They need something special for each and every one of them.
Children always have my heart. They are living this life everyday. I want to do something! I want to make a difference and we can... together! Christmas is upon us and I want to ensure that the children here having the merriest Christmas possible!
From now until December 20th, 30% of proceeds from all ChicKen ScRatch Sling orders will go to Toys for Tots in the Gulf Coast area of Mississippi.
The children here deserve to have a Merry Christmas and I want to make sure that happens!
Toys for Tots is a wonderful program ran by The U.S. Marine Corp. Toys are purchased and donated to children. They are hand delivered to each and every child needing a merry Christmas! Our children here have been through so much, I want to give them something special.
With every purchase, not only will a large percentage of the proceeds go to Toys for Tots, but each customer will receive a $10 gift certificate towards their next purchase, expiring 6 months after the issue date.
Money received from the donations will go to purchasing toys for the children who otherwise, would not have anything. If you would like to donate funds or new and unused toys, please contact me. Any and all of your help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your support and thank you for helping to bring a Merry Christmas to Mississippi's children!
Love,
Laura Jane

No comments: